Information on IDEA (GBUS 7500)
IDEA is a project-based elective that will run during the 7 weeks of the final FY quarter. Design Thinking is the methodology we will apply to run the projects.
Before the course begins
- form a team (3-5 students)
- select a human-centered area of opportunity to study (contact Jeanne for more details on what makes a good topic)
- get your topic approved by Jeanne
During the course
- we will use a “flipped” classroom (the lectures will be online and we will use class time for project coaching)
- each team will have weekly deliverables on the project and a final presentation at the end of class.
- Individually, you will be asked to keep and submit a weekly journal entry