GBUS 8633 Software Development
By the end of this class, you will have lost your fear of tinkering (with software). You’ll also have a hands-on understanding of how to translate software design inputs into working software.
As an MBA considering roles like product manager, founder, or consultant, this is important. Between being a working software developer and knowing zero about coding, there’s a productive middle place. This is a place where you can:
· participate in discussions about product/system development
· engage confidently in meaningful learning about the software/system you’re managing
· create front-end prototypes
By the end of this class, you will be able to translate designs into working software. More specifically, you’ll be able to:
· Evaluate alternative approaches to software implementations
· Work through software malfunctions with analytical debugging techniques
Specific Grade Components
· Attendance, Participation, & Peer Reviews 40%
· Completion of Individual Assignments 20%
· Venture Design- Team Project 40%
· Information on final deliverable
The final deliverable is a group project which integrates the skills above through work on a real venture concept.